A Brief History of our Lodge as explained in “Miracle In The Desert”
– Thanks to WB Joe Davis
In the spring of 1945 the members of the organized Richland Masonic Club petitioned the Grand Lodge to form a Lodge under Dispensation. On May 25th 1945 MWB Ford Q. Elvidge, Then the Grand Master, Granted twenty three members of the Masonic Club a Dispensation to form a Lodge.
On June 19th 1946 The MW Grand Lodge of Washington, under direction of MWB Leslie Lee granted a charter to the seventy four members of Richland Lodge U/D. Richland Lodge U/D was then designated Richland lodge 283. On July 13th 1946 the Lodge was consecrated by MWB Gus Shulz, The Lodge was located on the Columbia River behind Sterling’s Restaurant.
In May of 1948 the Columbia River flooded and the MLodge had been rendered uninhabitable from the effects of this flood.
On September 4th 1950 the first stated Communication was Held at our New (current) Address of 412 Thayer Drive in Richland Washington